St. Patrick Catholic Church

Historical Plaza Upgrade
Ada, MI
Originally founded in 1844 the current St. Patrick Church was built in 1878. Following parish updates over the years, the church’s surrounding plaza received a renovation to its surrounding plaza. The task of the plaza project was to achieve important safety goals as well as preserve the historical significance of the church.  ADA accessibility was further improved around the parish. Handicap entrances were added with power operable doors.  A snowmelt system within the ramp, stairs and gathering area greatly reduces the risk of ice accumulation and slippery approach for parishioners. Handicap and regular parking spaces were added through a re-configuration of the church property including upgraded drive entry curbs to parking lots.The expanded plaza area outside the church entrance is a major part of the overall grounds improvement plan in order to create a spacious outdoor gathering place for large groups. Uneven areas of the property were leveled to create a safe approach to the front and side entrances of the church. Complimentary stone was utilized to create retaining walls for the rectory, cemetery, and accent the plaza entrance. A three leaf shamrock design, representative of Saint Patrick was incorporated into the concrete aggregate of the plaza. New site lighting compliments the church plaza, making it safe and inviting in the evenings while illuminating the historical features of St. Patrick Church.
3,000.0 SQ FT
construction_management
Construction ManagementFood and Beverage ProcessingWorship

Accolades

  • "Our team and our client are extremely pleased in how this project came together between all of the trades, concrete, iron, fencing, masonry as well as design. It was a compact project that made a big impact on the church because of all of the value elements that came together."

    Ron Burrows, Project Superintendent