THE WAY WE WORK
At Dan Vos Construction Company, our people keep us moving forward and are a part of our family. That’s why we make safety more than just a part of our job, but the way we live, drive and work. Everyone from our employees to our vendors, subcontractors, communities, clients and our clients’ customers is part of a job specific safety plan.
Unique to our company is our long-standing Safety Task Force, comprised of employees from all parts of the company—from executives to field staff—who regularly review policies, assign training, set goals and communicate recognition. Because of our program’s success, Dan Vos Construction Company has received Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC) awards and Safety Training and Evaluation
Process (ABC) STEP Platinum awards for excellence in work site safety.
- All employees must submit to pre-employment drug test.
- Additional tests are conducted randomly to ensure a drug-free environment.
- We retain an on-staff safety director to answer any questions and address concerns.
- All employees receive ammonia awareness training.
- All construction employees have completed at least 10 hours OSHA training and certification, with many having completed 30 hours of OSHA training.
- All iron workers attain welding certification, and all crane operators are CCO certified.
- Our entire staff is fully certified in First Aid, CPR, and AED, and our construction staff attains additional certification in all relevant areas, including powered industrial fork truck training, aerial work platform training, ammonia awareness training, and rough terrain fork lift training.