A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
At the core of the Dan Vos Construction Company’s culture is our strongest asset – our employees. We believe that a person’s values and fit within the company are the most important aspects of their recruitment and future success and that skills can be learned and training can be completed by those who work well with others and uphold high standards. As a result of our culture-focused recruitment our company consistently has a less than 1% turnover rate with an average seniority of 14 years. Honored as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in Grand Rapids and West Michigan since 2009 by the Michigan Business and Professionals Association (MBPA), we have built our success throughout our entire history, by focusing on our employees and maintaining a family atmosphere where we take care of each other and promote an ethical business environment.
If you’re interested in joining our company, please send your cover letter and resume to Bonnie Sullivan, Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org Although, there may not be opportunities posted at this time, we hope that you will introduce yourself to us early by stopping by our office between 9am and 2pm and introducing yourself or reaching out to us via the e-mail provided.
“We’re in this to do anything” Chirs Barry, Project Superintendent and Paul Dykema, Construction Laborer at Dan Vos Construction talk about starting a career in construction through a Jump Start Program, provided by Associated Builders and Contractors of Western Michigan, Grand Rapids, MI
BENEFITSAs a competitive employer, Dan Vos Construction Company performs regular compensation and benefit evaluations with local and national levels as well as the construction industry:
- Profit Sharing and 401K
- Bonus System for Full and Part Time
- Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Consult-A-Doctor Program
- Dental and Orthodontic Insurance
- Clothing and Tool Allowance
- Health and Fitness Program
WORK ENVIRONMENTEmployees are encouraged to take part in various job-related associations by joining association boards, groups, organizations and attending job-specific conferences, expos and meetings:
- Flexible Schedule
- Craft Training and Certification
- Personal and Family Financial Planning Workshops
- Employee Feedback Surveys
- Christmas Celebrations and Picnics
- Big Buck Hunting Season competition and fun company-wide contests
- Service Recognition Awards for tenure employees
- Challenge – each day is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the life of someone
- A close-knit, family-first company with a great culture and a people-first focus
- The ability for you to be a part of something big
- We’re not just building buildings – we are building communities
- We are Building for Life and we’d love for you to join us!
“Anybody can Lead” Timothy Jones, Project Manager at Dan Vos Construction Company, shares thoughts on Leadership Training by ABC Western Michigan and overall work culture.