Warner Norcross is the anchor tenant in the mixed-use development, which includes a 15-story office building,12-story hotel, ground-floor retail and restaurant space.
The project was bid out 12 months ahead of start of construction. The white box build out was bid out before the ‘box’ existed, as the construction of the mid-rise was still underway. The project was completed in 7 months from start to finish. The completion date was important to the owner due to an ended lease of the old office. Move in of employees was coordinated gradually by turning over one floor at a time so that by Friday, October 14th all employees could complete their move from the old location to their new offices.
Material delivery logistics required an installation of an exterior elevator and temporary deck platform to hoist and deliver 10 foot high drywall, office glass, large office doors and a large fireplace including:
- 8,000 sheets of drywall
- 17,000 SF of interior glass (72,000 pounds of glass)
- 2,233 custom size ceiling tiles
- 4,113.5 SF of wood ceilings
- 347 pails of joint compound (5-gallon pails)
- 9,040 feet of pipe (cast iron, copper, pvc) equal to 1.71 miles.
Warner’s office features:
- 270 dedicated work spaces for attorneys and staff and seven (7) private drop-in spaces for visiting attorneys,
- Enhanced security throughout, with improved building access controls, 19 conference rooms of varying sizes
- Two kitchens, including a café-kitchen on the 15th floor that seats 60 and offers booths, high tops and open seating
- 11 collaborative open-work environments, including coffee nooks throughout the footprint
- A wellness room offering a refrigerator, recliner and sink for nursing mothers or those seeking additional quiet space
- Greater connectivity, including mobile devices in each of the collaborative and quiet spaces
D & D Building
Parkway Electric & Communications
Dan Vos Construction Co.
GMB Architecture + Engineering